Friday, March 8, 2013

Independent Unity

Hello to all.

I'm am writing to you all one year older and wiser than the last email I wrote. Well, maybe not so much wiser, but anyways.

Its been a really rough week for Elder Neri because he's been sick all week, but he's still not giving up hope. He's determined to work hard until the end of his mission (17days) Elder Neri is really good at not taking a no for answer from people. Even if they don't want to hear what we have to say, he'll still ask them questions about their faith and encourage them to come closer to Christ. He's been a great example to me of the power of bearing testimony. In one conversation we had with lady, she said there could only be the bible. I told her that wasn't true because of this, this and that, but she still didn't accept the idea. Elder Neri then bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon and how he came to know that it was true. His testimony changed her attitude from not wanting to read it to having her want to take a copy to look at and share it with her dad. 

This past few weeks we've had a few people tell us that they've read part of the Book of Mormon and don't think its inspired. I've been thinking about that, and I have absolutely no idea what part they read. I've read every page in the Book of Mormon, and I know its inspired of God! I know that as we read it, because of its inspired words, and live according to the principles taught in, we will come unto Christ.

This last week, we had Zone Conference, which gave me the opportunity to see many old companions. Its also always uplifting and motivating to go to Zone Conference and hear from President Wolfert and other leaders. :)

Yesterday, Roberto and Dora, investigators from my last area called me. They wanted to see how I was doing, and asked why I hadn't talked to them since I left. I explained to them that we don't call people outside of our assigned area because we want to focus on what's happening here. I told them that we could write each other letters while I'm still a missionary. Roberto and Dora were so close to baptism when I left, but Roberto had to divorce his wife and Marry Dora. They still haven't been able to get that sorted out yet, but they still attend church everybody. Dora even shared the Gospel with her son, and he'll be getting baptized soon. It made me so happy to find that out. :)     

Thanks everybody!

Have a fantastic week!

Elder Clark  

No comments:

Post a Comment