Thursday, June 30, 2011

This isn't patty-cake

Thanks to all of those that have written me. for the rest of you, if you don't write me soon, you won't get to see my cool party stamps.

So last Thursday night, my district had a shoe shinning party in my room, because I was the only one that knew how to shine shoes. The party even had cookies.

 Friday was the exciting day we got to meet our new mission presidents. Before we got to do that, we went to a special Fireside where Elder Bednar spoke. There was also 6 other apostles, hundreds of other general authorities, and the 128 new mission presidents and their wives. Yeah, it was awesome. After this fireside, we met our Mission president and his wife, President and Sister Wolfert. He was so cool, and I can tell the mission is going to be in good hands. He was excited to be a mission president, and already seemed to know exactly what he was doing. In my district, there are only three of us going to the Atlanta North Mission. When we met our mission president though, we discovered there were 8 Elders and 3 Sisters going English speaking. These other missionaries came a week after us and our leaving a month before us.  

Eventually, all the mission president left, which was kind of a good thing, becuase when they were here, we could only use half the cafeteria, so the lines were super long. Also, while the mission presidents were here, we couldn't use the Gym during Gym time, so we all went out to the field. My zone always plays sand volley ball, and we joined them for a few days. Amazingly, I'm still terrible at volleyball and can always find very intersting ways to hit a volley ball.

So we have two teachers, and this week, both roleplay as investagators for us. Every week we're here, we'll teach a lesson 4-5 times a week, which is just awesome. Even more exciting, I was able to hold my own durinng the lessons. My companion was feeling a little sick, so he didn't want to talk a lot, so I did most of the hablaring during the lesson. It made me way exctited, and I can't wait to learn more spanish and more about the gospel!

Con Amor

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment