Monday, March 12, 2012

I didn't know it locked

Hola!

So another exciting week has gone by, and a lot of really exciting things are happening in the mission, and in our area, but they can wait for after the funny story.

So there was a baptism this week in Cumorah, and we went up to see it. The person baptized was the brother of a member, and because of his Sister's example, he eneded up getting baptized. I should have known this was going to be an interesting baptism when they asked me to play the piano. I don't play the piano. Well, not well, especially not hymns. Most of the time, I can barely manage the right hand, sometimes only one note at a time. I'm apparently the best player in our district too, because I always play for district meeting. Anyways, when its time for the actual baptism to happen, the baptizer and the one being baptised go up into the font, and the missionaries go up to open the curtain. In describing the experience later, they said they didn't think the curtain locked. Needless to say, they couldn't open the curtain. This went on for about 3 minutes, everybody trying all these random keys, the branch president ran to his office to look for keys, somebody else ran another direction. Luckily, Elder Spear saved the day! He had keys that he didn't know what they were for, and he figured he might as well try to open the curtain, and it worked. So lesson learned, make sure that you have verified the baptism is going to be visible before everybody shows up.

On Sunday, right before church, the branch president came up and asked us "Do any of you Elders play the piano." Everybody looked at me. I thoughtt "great, not again." The good news is that I didn't have to play. :)

So now for the exciting stuff.

Everybody asks me how my Spanish is, even the president asked me a couple of weeks ago how good it was. Well, its good enough for me to be a trainer...

Yep, I'm training this next transfer, and I'm staying here too. I found out early last week, and have already gone to a meeting for trainers. I'm excitited, and feel unqualified, but It's going to be awesome.

So other exciting news is our mission is pushing for 100 baptism a month now. When the general authority came a few weeks ago, he talked a lot about it. Since then, President Wolfert has also talked a lot about it. I'm super excitited to see this start happening. We've talked a lot about raising our vision, increasing our faith, talking to everybody, and inviting people to follow Christ. We're turning our mission into "A culture of baptism," even inviting people we talk to in the street to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized.

So everything is going amazing! :)

I hope everybody has an amazing week. :)

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment