Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ganamos(we win)

Jordan mailed a short message yesterday(Monday) and finished his thoughts today, so here are the combined letters.

We heard it had been flooding in Alabama, so we asked Jordan about their weather

Begin forwarded message:

Parents!!!

so I'm actually going to most of my email tomorrow, but I'll write a little bit

I don't know about the rain, and I just asked member,ans she said supuestamente its supposed to rain all week, but she doesn't know how hard or anything. The weather here recently has been weird, rain and not to hot.

My adress is:

2627 Tree Park Cir
Flowery Branch, GA, 30542

So we did finally get moved in to our apartment, and its really nice apartment, especially since missionaries haven't lived in it. (Jordan had to call me last week to get his SS# because they were moving into a new apartment)

I don't really believe I've been out almost year, and I don't really think about it until people ask me how long I've been out or my parents bring it up

Ok well, thats all for today, I'll finish tomorrow

Love

Jordan

Que pasa?

So I know everybody wants to hear about my new area and my new companion and all that, well at least my dad does. For the record, I'm serving in the Lanier Branch in the Sugar Hill Stake. I was confused about where I was going when I last emailed home, and it was a miracle that I made it here. We just moved into a new apartment in a city called Flowery Branch. Sounds super exciting doesn't it? The Atlanta Falcons training center is here though, so that makes it kind of cool.

Elder Andreasen, from Apple Valley California (Cali!!!) is my new companion. Apple Valley is about an hour east of LA. I think I might have talked about him a little bit last time, but we came to the field at the same time. He was first called to serve in English, but then got switched to Spanish when he got here in Georgia. He speaks really good Spanish, so we can both teach equally during lessons. He ran Marathons back at home, but we've only gone running once since we've been companions.

Our branch is awesome too. There is about 50 to 60 people that attend every Sunday, so a little less than the Norcross branch. The weird thing about this branch is that like half the members speak English fluently, where as in the Norcross branch there was like 2. This branch covers a lot bigger area. The last zone I was in is one of the smallest in the mission, and we only worked in like 1/5 of it, and it was all in the city. This zone not one of the smallest, and we cover half of it while the other missionaries in our branch cover the other half. Its very country out here, so we have members that live 20+ miles away from the church. Fun times :)

This Saturday, I did get to return to the Norcross Branch though. I ended up being able to see the baptism of Ulysis and Ulysis Junior. I would say that I was the guest of honor, but President and Sister Wolfert came, so they get that title. Ulysis and Junior were baptized by Ulysis's cousin, Wencis, who was baptized my first Sunday here in this branch on Christmas. It was an awesome baptism, with lots of people there, followed by a fiesta with lots of food.

In the Lanier branch this Sunday, a recent convert Antonio got confirmed, and we had an Investigator come with her 6 kids for the first time. Great things always happen my first Sunday in an area.

Well, that's the exciting news of this week.

Thanks everybody!

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment