Monday, October 3, 2011

Good morning starshine, the earth says hello

Hello everybody!! This is your weekly report form the one and only Elder Clark.

About the lack of updates last week. It was my fault. I can say though that the stuff I wrote out for you to read was pretty awesome.

I've began to see a pattern. It seems like every week is AWESOME! This last week was no exception.

I've decided I'm just to start giving out other names, "nicknames" for our investigators. 

This last week we were able to get in with investigators that we haven't been able to see for a while, which lead to some way awesome experiences. One of these experiences was with Jessica. We taught her the Restoration of the Gospel, and invited her to read form the Book of Mormon and pray to know for herself if it was true. She said that, because she grew up Catholic, it will take a while for her to know these things are true. Now, that may sound bad, but it actually means she is willing to find out that the Book of Mormon is true. Yes!! We're going to start reading with her in the Book of Mormon, and help her see she can receive a testimony faster than she thinks. 

Second awesome family story. Now, I don't actually know the name of anybody in this family, which is convenient for my purposes of nicknames. I only know the name of the Son in law, who shall be called David. There are apparently l8 people that live in this apartment, but I haven't seen them all yet. Anyways, so we stop by and have an awesome visit. First I love Hispanic people because they always offer you food. We had just come from dinner, and this family asked us if we wanted to eat, and the dad basically said "yes, of course they are going to eat." So we got to eat a second dinner. (I've also begun to see a pattern of second dinners, its the 3rd time in two weeks.)  So as we were talking with them, they told us the exact number of days since our last visit, and they wondered why we didn't come by more often. After we left, we decided we definitely need to work with them more. Its amazing to me that with just a little time, the Lord can change people's hearts and give people the desire to have the missionaries teach them. This family already told us that they were going to feed us dinner on Thanksgiving. 

Conference was again amazing. I don't have a favorite talk because there were so many good ones, but Elder Johnson's favorite was when President Monson announced the temple in Wyoming. (Yes, that is where he is from.) He had two minute personal celebration during conference when he heard that. I'm grateful that we have the opportunity to listen to living Prophets and apostles, to hear the things that God wants us to hear.  

Of course, my Spanish is still improving. No, I'm not fluent, but the my understanding of Spanish is probably what has improved the most. I realized my biggest problem is that I need to really listen. with my amazingly short attention span, this is really not that easy, but when I do focus and listen I can pretty much understand the general conversation. Excitement!


So there, another exciting update.

Thanks to those that write me. 

Until next time.

Elder Clark

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment